Help Me Name My Production Company

April 5th, 2007 · 12 Comments

When I work with clients I’m known as Andy Coon. Which is who I am, but I need something a little more professional. I need to come up with a Production Company name for myself. That is why i need your help. I have a few ideas and want to throw it your way and see what you like.

• Full Disclosure Productions
  • Euphony Productions
  • Creative Conundrum Productions
  • Foresight Films
  • Open-Ended Productions
  • Cheese & Crackers Got All Muddy Productions
  • Impeach Bush Films

I’m open to your suggestions too. Leave your suggestion in the comments section and after I get a few I will list the ones I’d consider and have an open poll where you can vote on which name I should use for my production company.

Thank you everyone.

Tags: Personal · Profession

• 1 Don // Apr 6, 2007 at 4:16 am

Definitely ‘Cheese & Crackers Got All Muddy’.

You’ll probably find most will shorten it to just ‘Cheese & Crackers’, which in itself is still very cool. I reckon have a go with that one.

• 2 jarod // Apr 6, 2007 at 9:56 am

Andy – Some of those are not bad. Just A note from my field (and may not apply to others) Coming from years of dealing with and being on boards and similar groups that look at production companies, graphic companies, etc, I suggest to not choose a color name or something similar. Something like Cheese and crackers or Creative conundrum, in my experience, would not taken seriously (unfortunately). You are an excellent professional, and deserve to have a name that would be taken seriously.
    The best one I saw was Foresight Films. Something Like “Burton Productions”, although boring, is generic enough not to scare away skittish, asshole people (but ones with money).
    Of course, this is just my experience in my field. Maybe your clients would prefer a color name, etc. In that case, forget what I said!

• 3 Jarod // Apr 6, 2007 at 10:06 am

Update – I just talked to a couple people at work who worked with large PR firms in NY, and they said the same thing – You are doing yourself a dis-service if you choose a color name. Here’s why – you may get clients that would appreciate it, but you would also immediately alienate others, and that is simply bad business. It’s like naming your gas station “I Hate Foreign Cars Gas”. You instantly cut down on your client?le for no reason, because you gas is just as good as anyone elses. Why do that? One of them also commented that a color name is something a young person would do, which instantly denotes inexperience, which you have plenty of.

• 4 Andy Coon // Apr 6, 2007 at 10:27 am

Jarod, thanks for the suggestions. That is exactly why I’m holding this. To get everyones opinion so I can make a better informed choice. Some of those I threw in there because I have nothing in mind. I really wanted you and everyone else to come up with a name so I can decide on a better name. You the man… by the way thanks for asking around. I’m taking everyones suggestions seriously. All input is appreciated.

• 5 Don // Apr 13, 2007 at 4:24 am

I don’t agree with Jarod.

Firstly, only a moron would not meet with you because he/she didn’t think your name was good enough to put on their bank statement under ‘PAID’. A name is a name is a name. It projects who you are.

Secondly, if you felt you needed to add ‘Cheese and Crackers’ to the list, you obviously liked it, and have the balls to go through with a rad name that’s different. People remember a name like ‘Cheese and Crackers’, ‘Burton Productions’ will be lost an hour after you met with your client, and they’d probably more than likely remember ‘Andy Coon’ first, which is what you (as you said) don’t want.

Go with different, be different, people remember different. I’d love to see how this all pans out, and hope that, if you’re serious on getting a name that’ll stick, you choose the best that works for you.

Good luck!

• 6 Jasmine Leivers // Apr 27, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Hi Andy,

I am in the TV business and really like Cheese and Crackers because of your name. Coon is a brand of cheese so think it is a great name! To me it shows creativity which is what you want from someone in the type of business you are in. I guess because I am young it is something that appeals to me, I would much rather go to someone with an interesting name first then to go to someone with a bland name. I too am looking for a business name and am very stuck, good luck choosing I know how hard it can be!

• 7 Zahra // May 6, 2010 at 9:45 am

Hi all

I’m finding it very hard to find a suitable name for my production company that I want to start. The aspect of the company is to have the ability to self perform most items such as tour management, production of concerts, media, event management, marketing and business development service, acquiring of sponsorships, to name a few.

That will be my main focus of my company.

I’m looking for a eyecatching, sophisticated name. I do not want to use my name for the company, cause in South Africa, it’s just does not sound professional.

Please help me in starting my own business…..I need a name please…any ideas I would appreciate.

Thanks
    Zahra

• 8 e.c // Oct 28, 2011 at 8:20 pm

cheese and crackers sounds hot

• 9 Jervis // May 9, 2012 at 2:08 am

Hi bro we r a group of three we live in India. We produce bollywodd bootlegs and edm and progressive trace. Just needed some help from regarding our group name or production house name can u suggest some…

• 10 Lisa // Aug 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I hope you went with Cheese & Crackers. I think that sounds brilliant!

Here are some other examples of out-of-the-ordinary production names…Blossom Films (Nicole Kidman), Egg Pictures (Jodie Foster), Flower Films (Drew Barrymore), First Kiss Prods. (Alicia Silverstone). Alternately, Mutant Enemy (Joss Whedon), Cruel and Unusual Films (Zach Snyder), Bad Robot (JJ Abrams), White Knuckle Pictures (Brett Ratner and Nick Meyer), Irish Dream Time (Pierce Brosnan), Necropia (Guillermo del Toro), Happy Madison (Adam Sandler), Plan B Entertainment (Brad Pitt), Wingnut Films (Peter Jackson)…etc…

• 11 Andy Coon // Aug 16, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Lisa,

I wish I went with that too. Went with what the fellas wanted to go with and it sucks. We are too late in the game to change it right now.

• 12 Mark // Mar 8, 2014 at 9:20 am

I am looking for a music producer name can anyone help me i am looking for words that go along with empire, vision ???